Character Counts and Salvador Dali Clocks


When I tell you that I have a backlog of art lessons that I need to write up before they are lost forever, I am not exaggerating!  About 6 months ago as I was organizing for a meeting to be able to teach at a local community center, I put together a portfolio for a potential client and found that I had taught close to 300 lessons.  This is mind blowing to me that this all began about 5 years ago as a result of seeing the movie "Saving Mr. Banks" and wanting to make sense of the death of my own father, the diminished relationship with my oldest son and this desire to do something different in the form of a legacy to give to my daughter.  

Today I sit here in awe of the fact that it is the slow and steady day to day activity that contributed to the type of teacher I am today in the classroom.  I am like the cook that can look in the cupboard and see the 4 ingredients and create something that is pretty tasty.  I did not believe this thing would ever go anywhere.  I was just desperate to put some meaning behind all the pain I was feeling at the time.  The pain is still there but the perspective has changed for sure.  

Here is the link to the Salvador Dali lesson: CLICK HERE