The Classroom Is Never Finished

 

There is a moment many teachers are working toward.

The moment when the classroom is finally ready.

Shelves are set.
Materials are in place.
Everything looks the way it is supposed to look.


And then the children arrive.


What I have come to understand is this:

That moment never really comes.

Not in the way we expect it to.


Because the classroom is not something you complete.

It is something you enter into.


At the beginning of the year, you prepare as best you can.

You set out what you believe will meet the children.

You organize the space with care.

You think through the flow.


But the real work begins after that.

When the children start showing you who they are.


What they reach for.
What they ignore.
What they struggle with.
What they repeat again and again.


And slowly, the classroom begins to change.

READ MORE

Are you needing some support with how to structure your classroom? As a Montessori teacher, I understand that feeling of overwhelm! I have created a detailed lesson plan to 'hold your hand' through each day.  These lesson plans can either be used to jump start how to create the rhythm of the classroom (monthly) or I have a full year plan that can then be used for a 3 year cycle.

Montessori Daily Lesson Plans 

Montessori INSPIRED Lesson Plans 

 

LOOKING FOR ART LESSONS FEATURING DIFFERENT ARTISTS? 

Link to my FREEBIES