Creativity and Movement: Three Little Birds sitting on a Nest





I am always so tickled to see what children will come up with when you simply give instructions and not offer your own interpretation of the finished project.  Lately I have begun to NOT create a sample of the work and just allow them to take my words and interpret the project the way their mind would enjoy.

You can see the many interpretations of the nest for example.  And the design of the birds.  I take this in very deeply and let it inform my 'big girl' work.

We used paper plates, strips of scrapbook paper, crayons, and markers for the nest.  I used simple copy paper for the birds and we did sponge painting on the bodies before adding the googly eyes.

I bet you have all these things in your home right now - I invite you to go play!


Josey’s Art School is now
Offering art, yoga, drumming and rhythm, and hula hoop classes
  for details