Did you know?
- Magic metals: To turn plain glass into bright colors, artists mix melted glass with tiny bits of real metal powders.
- Cobalt blue: Adding cobalt makes a deep, glowing blue.
- Real gold: Adding actual gold makes a rich, fiery red.
- Copper green: Mixing in copper turns the glass green
These little tidbits are way to help your students engage with the creation process and what it means to exercise your creative gifts.
Over the years, I have written over 500 art lessons from the lens of a person who is very mediocre at drawing! Why do I write this to you? Because I know what it feels like to show up in classes as a substitute teacher where I would have loved a quick art lesson that could use the very basic of art supplies and would engage the most hesitant artist. I would buy art lessons from teacher websites and you could tell it was written by a bonified trained art teacher and it was way too complicated for me to teach!
LOOKING FOR OTHER LESSONS FEATURING DIFFERENT ARTISTS?